Buildings

phillips martin profile

Phillips Martin Real Estate was incorporated in 1989 by James McGinn and Stanley Brashears to combine their knowledge of commercial real estate and asset management. Phillips Martin possesses the experience and financial strength to grow in all aspects of the commercial real estate business, providing transactional, advisory and asset management services to private, corporate and institutional investors. With integrity and sound business judgment as the hallmarks of the company, Phillips Martin organizes financial data in an institutional format in order to successfully negotiate and complete each transaction.

Phillips Martin has developed residential buildings ranging from 120,000 to 385,000 square feet and other retail properties including a multi-story, 20,000 square foot building at 162 East Superior in Chicago. The company has also acquired, managed and sold various commercial properties consisting of shopping centers,office bulidings and residential communities.

Phillips Martin Management was also established by McGinn and Brashears to manage various commercial properties developed or acquired by Phillips Martin Partnership. Phillips Martin, developed and sold Iroquois Club, a 272 unit, 385,000 square foot residential building in Naperville, Illinois and is the General Partner of BB&A Venture, the owner of the land under the Drake Hotel in Chicago which is subject to an reversionary sixty year ground lease.

After being elected to the Board of Directors in the mid 1980’s, McGinn and Brashears served as the operating officers of National Realty and Investment Company where they increased the company’s stock, bond and real estate holdings until full liquidation of the company in 2013. National Realty & Investment Company was founded in 1930 by Edwin L. Brashears, Sr. and renowned Architect, Benjamin H. Marshal who managed Chicago’s Drake and Blackstone Hotels following their development of a 31 story residential property known as the Drake Towers where Marshall served as the architect and Brashears as the engineer. National Realty eventually acquired the Drake Hotel in 1937 and operated the hotel until 1979 when the company converted its position to Landlord under an unsubordinated ground lease.

In 1960, National Realty acquired 60 acres in Oak Brook and developed The Drake Oak Brook Hotel that acted as the suburban affiliate to the Drake Hotel. The company continued its development of the site in 1980 by constructing the Drake Oak Brook Office Plaza undertaken by then-President, Edwin L. Brashears, Jr. with joint venture partner, Traveler’s Insurance Company. The 250,000 square foot, twin-tower atrium office building featured underground parking connected to the hotel. National Realty sold the Drake Oak Brook Hotel in 1983 and the Drake Oak Brook Office Plaza in 1990. National Realty extended its real estate holdings in 1987 by developing the Iroquois Club in Naperville, Illinois.

 
©2019 PHILLIPS MARTIN REAL ESTATE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
HOME  CONTACT  PRIVACY POLICY  SITE MAP